VIPHS recognizes that high-quality teaching is central to the academic success of students. VIPHS teachers effectively deliver a superior education built on the rigorous requirements of Common Core State Standards and the expectations of the state college systems. Simultaneously, the collaborative and flexible nature of VIPHS’s curricula encourage teachers to develop creative lesson plans to personally and thoroughly engage each student in their classrooms.
VIPHS is committed to ensuring that every student, regardless of background or circumstance, is not only provided with the opportunity to succeed, but empowered with the self-confidence to transform opportunities into accomplishments. This mission will fuel VIPHS’s professional development and growth programs, which will support and challenge teachers to maximize their impact in the classroom and advance their careers as leaders in education.
Candidates who will be eligible for a CA intern credential (for the relevant subject) by July 2018 are encouraged to apply now for our teaching positions.
- Bachelor’s degree and passage of the CBEST
- California multiple subject* or single-subject intern, preliminary or clear credential
* Applicants with a multiple-subject credential are eligible for hire. However, VIPHS requires that you obtain your single-subject credential or subject-matter authorization by June 30, 2019
NOTE: Applicants with an out-of-state teaching credential or no teaching credential should visit the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing website before applying. Please check to see that you will be eligible to teach in a California public school by July 2018.http://www.ctc.ca.gov/
- Strong content knowledge, pedagogical understanding, and the capacity to plan and deliver instruction to meet the needs of students.
- Relentless commitment to and high standards for high quality execution
- Passionate with a high level of personal responsibility towards ambitious goals
- Excellent collaborative and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong ethical base and self-awareness
- Dependability, humility, sense of humor, and rock-solid commitment to VIPHS’s mission and the communities we serve.
- Must be able to pass a TB test and background check / Live Scan at time of offer
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to perform the job
Our annual teacher salary is negotiable and will be based on education and experience. We will also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, 401(3)b participation, as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven school that is committed to the success of all students.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted, and we hire on a rolling basis. We are looking to fill positions for the 2018-19 school year.
VIPHS is a fair chance and equal opportunity employer. As such, VIPHS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, without regard to their actual or perceived race, religious creed (including religious dress or grooming practices), color, national origin or ancestry (including native language spoken), physical or mental disability (including HIV or AIDS), medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), parental status, age (forty (40) and over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, citizenship, immigration status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law.