On January 12, 2016, the LAUSD board voted to approve a Board Resolution, “Keeping Parents Informed: Charter Transparency” which was passed with the support of the LA charter community. The resolution highlighted commonly requested information and data that charter public schools share with parents through their charter petitions, School Accountability Report Cards, Local Education Agency Plans, Local Control Accountability Plans, Annual Audits, and other publicly available documents.
This commonly requested information is available from Michael Horne, Principal, electronically or manually by parent request. Parents may request this information in English and any single primary language meeting the requirements of Sections 45400 through 45403 of the California Education Code.
Please submit parent requests for translated information to Michael Horne at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818)-306-2136
Such resources include, but are not limited to the following:
- Safety and Facilities: Health and safety plans, school facility assessment
- Curriculum and Instructional Focus: LEAP, Instructional Materials, Curriculum Content
- Staff: Teacher credential status, qualifications of employees,
- Governance Structure and Financial Management: Brown Act compliancy, Audited Financial Statements, LCAP
- Food Services: Meals offered to students, availability of Free and Reduced Lunch options
- Admissions: Lottery processes, Academic performance, Statewide testing results, Four year cohort graduation rates, drop-out rates
- Student Demographic Rates: Ethnicity, income eligibility, English language learner status
- Special Education: By type